We are looking for a Production Chef to join our production kitchen team in Shoreditch, reporting to the Production Manager. You will be producing each product by hand to our precise standards showcasing our Producers’ amazing bounty. The products are produced to order and will change regularly to reflect the seasonal produce we sell. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a love of good food, enthusiasm, great organisational skills and be a team player.
Farmdrop represents a new economic approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food at lower prices, and smaller scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms. Our mission is to fix the food chain, something we plan to do by providing the best food retail experience.
Farmdrop’s Production Kitchen is a new venture for Farmdrop. Utilising our producers’ incredible, locally sourced bounty to hand make prepared meals, ingredients, snacks and juices for our customers. The products will change to reflect the best seasonal produce.
We expect the typical hours of work to be between 4pm-12am 2 to 5 days a week (incl. weekends).
- Producing each product to our precise taste and quality standards. This includes prepping, cooking, plating and packaging all products.
- Maintaining high levels of hygiene and food standards.
- Assisting the kitchen Managers with goods in, stock management and ordering.
- Contributing to the smooth running of the kitchen and the production of consistently high quality products.
- Always looking for opportunities to streamline and improve processes.
- An experienced chef, who has worked in a busy food production environment.
- Ideally premium hand-made production environment.
- Calm under pressure, quick to spot and rectify mistakes.
- Meticulous at maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and health & safety.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to process, detail and quality.
- Can do attitude, always striving to learn, embracing change and challenges.
- An understanding of seasonal produce.
- A passion for fresh, healthy and ethically-sourced food and a desire to Fix The Food Chain.
- Preferable: NVQ level 1, 2 & 3, HACCP Level 2 & Food Safety Certifications.
- We pay up to £10.55 p/hr
- Food freebies
- Mind and Body Training Benefit (you can use this for gym, skills classes, yoga etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 2 days paid per year for volunteering/charity work
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays