Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
2019 is here and we are looking for another talented Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to add to our QA team to help grow and deliver our amazing service to more people in London and Bristol.
Farmdrop “the Ethical Grocer” represents a new economic approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food at lower prices and smaller-scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms. Our mission is to Fix The Food Chain and provide “better food all round”, something we plan to do by providing the best food retail experience for everyone.
Our tech team
We're "agile with a small a" - we do daily standups, we pair when it makes sense to pair. It's a pragmatic process that's working well for us, but we're tweaking it all the time and you would be part of that. We generally "do the right thing" (TDD, constant refactoring, pairing, pull requests and so on) but the need to deliver features quickly stops us from being dogmatic.
Our tech stack/environment at the moment is based around:
Our test stack: Rspec, Cucumber, SitePrism, Capybara, Appium, Cypress, Gatling
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) with proven QA expertise in building world-class e-commerce solutions. You will be given a lot of autonomy, creativity and impact, getting involved at all levels of the product lifecycle. We're constantly evolving our product and our tech stack. You will be a central part of moving our software stack forward, working in a team of capable engineers who love building great software. If we can promise anything, it's that you'll learn a lot and have the space to apply the excellent experience you bring with you!
You bring experience in:
- Being a hands-on technical tester
- Testing e-commerce, mobile and back-office web applications
- Knowledge of continuous integration or continuous deployment
- Specifying and implementing QA and testing frameworks
- Working in an Agile team
- Writing BDD, functional, negative, regression, integration, acceptance and performance tests
- Working with the product owner to elaborate requirements and documenting these
- Using automated testing tools such as Cucumber, Selenium, Capybara, WebDriver, Watir, Cypress and similar tools
- Using build and version control tools such as GIT
- Understanding OOP (Object-Oriented Programming Principles)
- Working in an agile/scrum environment
It would be great if you had experience in:
- API/service testing
- Load and performance testing
- Create and maintain reusable automated test scripts using a Page Object Model
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members
- Continuous Integration
Other qualities we prize are:
- A willingness to take responsibility (currently everyone deploys to production, everyone fixes bugs).
- An ability to think creatively.
- An ability to teach, and learn from, others and to work collaboratively.
- An ability to provide leadership and mentoring where required.
- A track record of efficiency and self-discipline.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a startup would definitely be a big plus.
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for Farmdrop's vision of making the world a slightly better place.
- You love food!
We value diversity at Farmdrop, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
- We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Share Options
- Free lunch cooked daily by our on-site chef
- Friday beers (with amazing food of course)
- Food freebies
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Mind and Body Training Benefit (you can use this for gym, skills classes, yoga etc)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 2 days paid per year for volunteering/charity work
On top of this, we love hanging out with each other and always have cool and unique socials, Friday beers & nibbles to wrap up the week. Based out of our new office at Old Street which has many convenient transport links.