Farmdrop are looking for a talented, experienced, and creative Android Developer to join a team of two, building apps that will make Farmdrop amazing for customers and operational staff. You'll be working closely with UX and backend teams, shaping the development of our products to ensure we're making the most of the Android platform.
We care about building a codebase that allows us to move quickly but is also maintainable in the long term. Our minimum SDK is 21 (24 on Ops apps) and all new code is written in Kotlin. We use an MVP architecture with RxJava and Dagger, to help us write code that makes sense and is easy to test. We continually improve and eradicate technical debt and strive for perfection in simplicity.
Our Engineering Team
We believe in collaborative, agile and lean ways of working. We continually optimise our system of work (as one size does not fit all). We use small teams, pair, make use of TDD/BDD.
We are on a journey from a monolithic architecture to a microservices event-based future which has which yielded a rapid change in our practices within the team. We share knowledge openly within the team with a collaborative approach across the entire company.
Android Tech stack:
Kotlin & Java, AndroidX, RxJava 2, Dagger 2, Realm, Retrofit, Apollo-GraphQL, CouchDB, Glide, Mockito, Espresso
- Strong Android skills, with published apps in the Play store
- Extensive commercial experience developing software
- Working knowledge of Android interface guidelines / best practices
- Ability to quickly switch context and develop multiple apps simultaneously
- Desire to write clean, modular and testable code with consistent code style
- Experience of libraries such as Retrofit, Dagger and RxJava
- Experience of using Android Studio and git source control across multiple repositories.
- Good understanding of MVP pattern and Clean Architecture
As a key member of a small, fast-moving company, you will be empowered to use your creativity to have impact, getting involved at all levels of the product life cycle. We're constantly evolving our product, building key features and setting the direction that will affect the business for years to come. You will be a central part of moving our software stack forward at every level, working in and nurture a team of capable and friendly developers who love building great software.
- We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Free lunch cooked daily by our on-site chef)
- Friday drinks (with lots of nice food of course!)
- Food freebies
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 20% off all food and drink through Farmdrop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 2 days paid per year for volunteering/charity work
- Mind and Body Training Benefit (this is an allowance you can use towards gym membership/yoga/educational classes etc)
On top of this we love hanging out with each other and always have cool and unique socials. We have a shiny new office based at Old Street which has many convenient transport links.