Head of Customer Acquisition
Farmdrop is growing quickly. We're looking for a Head of Customer Acquisition to add to our Marketing team.
Farmdrop “the Ethical Grocer” represents a new economic approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food at lower prices, and smaller scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms. Our mission is to Fix The Food Chain and provide “better food all round”, something we plan to do by providing the best food retail experience for everyone.
Our Marketing team:
The Role of the Marketing Team at Farmdrop is to grow the active monthly user base. Emphasis is placed on acquiring and retaining customers with the highest order values and the highest shopping frequencies, paying close attention to a segmentation model based on recency, frequency and monetary data. The team of c.15 has brand, acquisition and retention functions, and the Customer Product team sit within Marketing to support growth initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer yours will be a critical role in driving the steep growth of Farmdrop’s active user base through the acquisition of high-quality target customers using best in class acquisition marketing methods across all channels. You will have a significant 7-figure annual marketing budget to work with as well as a talented team of channel specialists to support your strategic and entrepreneurial vision.
You will be a commercially minded and strategic operator with the ability to operate in a hands-on manner and build strong relationships both internally and externally. You should be equally as comfortable in managing your direct reports’ development as you are presenting your acquisition plans and performance at a Dept Head level and periodically.
- Deploying the marketing budget efficiently across a broad media mix to acquire the highest volume of new customer orders whilst ensuring the highest possible LTV can be driven from new customers.
- Manage promotional tactics to ensure a balanced approach to incentivising response and driving the best customer quality and retention.
- Continuously A/B test new marketing channels, campaign mechanics and methodologies.
- Work closely with the Head of Customer Marketing (Retention) to ensure that acquisition activity and early stage activation workflows driving the highest possible frequency and therefore shopping habits.
- Work closely with the Head of Brand and Design Team to ensure acquisition activity is consistent with Farmdrop’s Brand Story and Messaging frameworks.
- Optimise New Customer conversion framework with UX, Product & Design.
- Manage the Acquisition Marketing team and agency supplier relationships where relevant, bringing on external expertise where required
- Set objectives for Direct Reports that align with strategic goals and closely manage their performance against them.
- Oversee media buying and campaign execution for offline campaigns.
- Work with internal teams and agencies to hit deadlines with well-conceived, well-executed campaigns.
- Strive to develop the most cost efficient and data-driven digital acquisition and conversion framework, ensuring that the team are deploying best in class methods throughout the new customer conversion funnel.
- Significant input into the Consumer Product Roadmap, creating and winning arguments for the development of new API/front-end solutions to assist with acquisition requirements.
- Manage marketing budgets and forecasts periodically throughout the year and preparing weekly reporting to continually monitor activity against targets and historical periods.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Retail Operations teams to ensure that their Order & Item forecasts are as accurate as possible for planning with Producers.
What success looks like
- Marketing and wider team buy into your plans to grow the business
- Consistently strong MoM and YoY growth in new user volumes, and increases in new customer activation, early stage frequency and AOV.
- Structural marketing activity e.g. Lead Gen, Referral scheme, PPC, SEO almost manage themselves enabling time and focus on developing new approaches and partnerships.
- Productive team under your direction and suppliers are an extension of the team.
- Business looks to you as a key member of the leadership team.
- Results focused Marketeer with a proven track record of success in growing customer bases for brands at a Scale-Up stage.
- Hands on Marketing Operator with significant experience managing online and offline campaigns and working with external suppliers, agencies and media owners.
- Comprehensive experience in Paid and Organic search, Biddable media, Paid Social, Offline DR methods such as DM & Inserts, referral schemes and lead generation.
- Experience of securing and maintaining strong brand and reciprocal partnership arrangements.
- Highly numerate, with it being second nature to manage campaigns from an ROI/LTV perspective.
- Highly proficient with Google Analytics and BI systems such as Looker or Tableau.
- Direct experience working with Product Management functions to develop specs to support acquisition goals.
- Equally as comfortable working within mature company frameworks as they are working with an entrepreneurial, “growth-hacking” mindset.
- Strong manager and mentor. Able to drive results from motivated and capable direct reports through objective frameworks and empathetic use of authority.
- We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Share Options
- Free lunch cooked daily by our on-site chef)
- Friday drinks (with lots of nice food of course!)
- Food freebies
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 20% off all food and drink through Farmdrop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 2 days paid per year for volunteering/charity work
- Mind and Body Training Benefit (this is an allowance you can use towards gym membership/yoga/educational classes etc)
On top of this we love hanging out with each other and always have cool and unique socials. We have a shiny new office based at Old Street which has many convenient transport links.