Customer Acquisition and Analytics Director
Farmdrop is growing quickly. We're looking for a Customer Acquisition and Analytics Director to lead our Marketing team.
Reporting to the Chief Finance and Strategy Officer, your role will be critical in driving the steep growth of Farmdrop’s active user base through the acquisition of high-quality target customers using best in class acquisition marketing methods across all channels. You will have a significant 7-figure annual marketing budget to work with as well as a talented team of channel specialists to support your strategic and entrepreneurial vision. You must be a performance driven marketer whose passion is driving user and revenue growth. You will also build out and drive all aspects of marketing and customer analytics.
You will be a commercially minded and strategic operator with the ability to lead in a hands-on manner and build strong relationships both internally and externally. You should be equally comfortable managing your direct reports’ development as you are presenting your acquisition plans and performance as part of Farmdrop’s leadership team.
Our Marketing team
Marketing at Farmdrop is crucial to the scaling of our business. We create marketing strategies that begin with strong analytics, measurable experimentation, and objectives linked to the overall business objectives. Our successful positioning and messaging is grounded in Farmdrop’s core value proposition and centres on our customers and producers.
A key role of the Marketing Team at Farmdrop is to grow the active monthly user base. Emphasis is placed on acquiring and retaining customers with the highest order values and the highest shopping frequencies, paying close attention to a segmentation model based on recency, frequency and monetary data. The team of c.5 has brand, acquisition, and works closely with the Customer Product and Technology teams and the Retail team to support growth and customer initiatives.
Farmdrop “the greenest ever grocer” represents a new economic approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food, and smaller scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms allowing them to employee the most sustainable food production methods. Our mission is to Fix The Food Chain and provide “better food all round”, something we plan to do by providing the best food retail experience for everyone.
- Deploying the marketing budget efficiently across a broad media mix to acquire the highest volume of new customer orders whilst ensuring the highest possible LTV can be driven from new customers.
- Manage promotional tactics to ensure a balanced approach to incentivising response and driving the best customer quality and retention.
- Marketing Strategy Planning across functions.
- Continuously A/B test new marketing channels, campaign mechanics and methodologies.
- Work closely with the Retail, Merchandising and CRM Teams to ensure that acquisition activity and early stage activation workflows drive the highest possible frequency and therefore shopping habits.
- Work closely with Brand and Design to ensure marketing activity is consistent with Farmdrop’s brand story and messaging frameworks.
- Optimise new customer conversion framework with UX, Product & Design.
- Manage the Acquisition Marketing team and agency supplier relationships where relevant, bringing on external expertise where required.
- Set objectives for direct reports that align with strategic goals and closely manage their performance against them.
- Oversee media buying and campaign execution for offline campaigns.
- Work with internal teams and agencies to hit deadlines with well-conceived, well-executed campaigns.
- Strive to develop the most cost efficient and data-driven digital acquisition and conversion framework, ensuring that the team are deploying best in class methods throughout the new customer conversion funnel.
- Significant input into the Consumer Product Roadmap, creating and winning arguments for the development of new API/front-end solutions to assist with acquisition requirements.
- Manage marketing budgets and forecasts periodically throughout the year and preparing weekly reporting to continually monitor activity against targets and historical periods.
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Retail Operations teams to ensure that their Order & Item forecasts are as accurate as possible for planning with Producers.
What success looks like
- Marketing and wider team buy into your plans to grow the business
- Consistently strong MoM and YoY growth in new user volumes, and increases in new customer activation, early stage frequency and AOV.
- Structural marketing activity e.g. Lead Gen, Referral scheme, PPC, SEO almost manage themselves enabling time and focus on developing new approaches and partnerships.
- Business looks to you as a key member of the leadership team.
- Results focused Marketeer with a proven track record of success in growing customer bases for brands at a Scale-Up stage.
- Hands on Marketing Operator with extensive experience managing online and offline campaigns and working with external suppliers, agencies and media owners.
- Comprehensive experience in Paid and Organic search, Biddable media, Paid Social, Offline DR methods such as DM & Inserts, referral schemes and lead generation.
- Experience of securing and maintaining strong brand and reciprocal partnership arrangements.
- Degree in Business, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a similar field. MBA preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to set and execute strategies that deliver.
- Proven ability to influence senior leadership and scale programs.
- Exceptional judgement, decisiveness, and ability to move quickly.
- Proven ability to hire and develop top talent.
- Highly numerate, with it being second nature to manage campaigns from an ROI/LTV perspective.
- Highly proficient with Google Analytics and BI systems such as Looker or Tableau.
- Direct experience working with Product Management functions to develop specs to support acquisition and retention goals.
- Equally comfortable working within mature company frameworks as working with an entrepreneurial, “growth-hacking” mindset.
- We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- 20% off all food and drink through Farmdrop
- Delicious cooked lunch every day
- Loads of free food
- Training and personal development monthly allowance
- Enhanced paternity/maternity leave
- Unpaid and sabbatical leave options
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- Paid days off for volunteering/charity work
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly company knowledge sharing sessions
On top of this we love hanging out with each other and always have cool and unique socials, common interest groups and sports/groups & events. Our head office is based at Old Street (EC1V 9BP) which has many convenient transport links.