Our new Hub in Enfield continues to grow and we're looking to hire friendly Pickers to pick and pack orders. You will be the last point of contact with our producers’ amazing food before it arrives with our wonderful customers, so a real passion for food and a meticulous attention to detail is what we’re after.
Duties of the Picker:
- Receipt of Producer Deliveries - ensuring what has been been ordered is delivered in the right quantity and on time
- Quality Control - ensuring that what has been ordered is of the highest quality and flagging any produce that doesn’t meet our standards
- Packing Orders - ensuring all orders are packed accurately, neatly and on time
- Dispatch - assisting with the dispatch of orders from the hub and ensuring the orders go on the correct vans
- Maintaining hub cleanliness and organisation
- Adhering to the highest food safety guidelines at all times
- Previous warehouse picking experience
- Comfortable with manual handling and working in a cold (fridge) environment
- Comfortable handling meat, fish and alcohol
- A strong attention to detail – our customers getting the produce they order is very important to us!
- Organised and methodical - ability to follow set procedures
- A willingness to work towards targets and deadlines - we run a ‘just in time’ operation
- A passion for food and improving the local food system
- Up to £9.78 per hour (based on performance related pay)
- Up to 2 paid days off per year for volunteering/charity work
- 30% discount on all products sold through Farmdrop
- Work in a dynamic environment with a great team who are passionate about what they do
- An opportunity to change the food system for the better
- Pension enrolment
- Enhanced Parental Leave
Hours: 4 days a week contracted, including weekend work, working 9.5 hour shifts between 05:00 and 23:00. Overtime paid as an hourly rate
We value diversity at Farmdrop and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.